1 Day Mount Kinabalu Climb
Climb a Mountain in a Day!
NOTICE: – Government permits to all operators and individuals for the day climb are temporarily on hold as of 1st December 2015 until further notice. Climbers wishing to climb in a day can only obtain a 2D/1N climbing permit and accommodation package and choose to descend the same day. However we do not recommend this, please contact us for more details.
If you are limited on time but don’t want to miss out on a climbing challenge then our one 1Day Mount Kinabalu Climb might be just for you. However bare in mind you will miss out on the spectacular sunrise form the summit, which in our opinion is your reward for such a hard climb !
Some climbers choose to climb to Laban Rata only at 3,272m a.s.l
Still a very physical climb, providing the opportunity to witness changes in climate and topography but returning at the end of the day to a warm bed for the night !
The return route is 16km and elevates approximately 2200m in altitude from the starting point; Timpohon Gate at 1866m. A steady paced very fit hiker will complete the climb in around 12 hours. We provide you with your personal mountain guide to ensure your health and safety during ascent and descent. This is not a technical climb very pysically challenging please take a look at our Pre-Climb Preparation & FAQ section and Important Information For Climbers on the website for more information.
Laban Rata Mount Kinabalu Non-Summit Climb
- Entrance fee for Kinabalu Park
- Climbing permit to Laban Rata Plateau
- Climbing Insurance
- Climbing Certificate (Black & White print) for completing halfway climb to Laban Rata Plateau
- Kinabalu Park Mountain guide
- Packed Lunch
- Return Shared Land Transfers between Kota Kinabalu and Kinabalu Park HQ
- Other Meals and Items not stated
- Porter Fees – if required
- Video or Camera Fees
Our suggested itinerary:
- 0530hrs: Transfer from Kota Kinabalu accommodation to Kinabalu Park
- 0730hrs: Arrival at Kinabalu Park HQ (1,564m altitude) and free at leisure until the arrival of Park Ranger***. After the arrival of Park Ranger, registration for Laban Rata Halfway Climb
- 0800hrs: Start Halfway Climb to Laban Rata from Timpohon Gate
- 1100hrs: Reach Layang Layang Hut*
- 1230hrs: Reach Laban Rata Plateau (Packed Lunch enroute)*
- 1300hrs: Decent to Timpohon Gate*
- 1630hrs: Arrive at Timpohon Gate to depart for return journey to Kota Kinabalu (no later than 1700hrs)**
*Time may vary according to individual climbing pace.
**Private transfers can be arranged for an additional fee, so you and/or your party may return to KK as soon as you like.
***Park Ranger’s arrival will be between 0730 – 0810hrs – waiting time is expected at the park before his / her arrival. It is compulsory based on the park authority’s strict policy that all climbers meet personally with the Park Ranger before being permitted to continue on the day climb.
- 1) This program is weather dependent hence climb up to Laban Rata in a Day is possible should the weather be favorable on the day and ranger states that it is safe to climb. Should it not be possible to climb due to weather, a refund of RM 100 per person will be issued and climbers are free to explore the various trails at Kinabalu Park instead for the day.
- 2) Climbers are required to be in an above average fitness and physically & mentally fit for the climb. Suitable for ages 12 and above.
- 3) It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Hear Disease, Severe Anemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity, Chronic Asthma, Muscular Cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climb.
- 4) Climbers will be required to complete a Mt. Climbers Waiver Form and Mt Kinabalu Declaration (Half Way) before departing to Kinabalu Park. Once at the park, climbers are required to complete a Sabah Park’s Indemnity Form for Day Climb before departing to Timpohon Gate.
- 5) According to Sabah Park’s (government authority) rules and regulations, climbers will be required to adhere to the following;
- Climbers have to stop the ascent when they did not catch the time limit 1100hrs at Layang Layang Hut and compulsory descent and return to park headquarters.
- Climbers much reach to Laban Rata Plateau by 1230hrs and compulsory to descent from Laban Rata at 1300hrs.
- Climbers must return to Timpohon Gate before 1630hrs.
- Climbers need to follow any advices that recommended by the mountain guide during the climb for safety reasons.
- 6) To answer the many questions you might have about climbing Mt Kinabalu, please refer to our links below.
About Mt Kinabalu Climb: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/information_summit-climb-mount-kinabalu/
Climbing Preparation, Packing List & FAQ: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/mount-kinabalu-climb-preparation-faq/
Important Information for Climbers: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/important-information-for-climbers/