The itinerary for the 3D2N Explorer Package, follows our 2D1N Explorer Package, but with an additional night and day to rest and relax before heading back to Kota Kinabalu!
One of our helpful and friendly minivan drivers will transfer you to Kinabalu Park HQ and on arrival register for your climb to Laban Rata plateau. Your experienced mountain guide will greet you. The starting point of the summit trail is from Timpohon Gate, and your guide will escort you to the Laban Rata plateau, at 3,272.7m!
Most noticeable to climbers is the cooler climate and the difference in environment. The time it takes to complete the climb depends on your individual pace, but take the time to marvel at the vista of the Crocker Range Mountains.
A certificate of completion will be presented when arriving back at Timpohon Gate. Rest and relaxation after climbing is advised, so after dinner at Balsam Café adjourn to your accommodation for a good nights’ sleep! Your accommodation will be within the park and close by to Kinabalu Park HQ, as well as Balsam Café, where all meals included in the package will be served.
On the second day, after an early breakfast, start exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site – Kinabalu Park!
Take in the various sights and sounds of so many bird species when walking along park trails. Together with your personal guide for the day, learn about the environment around you when visiting the World Heritage Site Information Centre and find rare plants endemic to the Kinabalu Park area at the Botanical Garden.
Poring Hot Springs is a short 30 minute transfer from Kinabalu Park HQ where visitors may enjoy a dip to experience the sulphuric-rich waters believed to have healing properties. Nearby you can see the jungle from a different perspective at 45m above ground along the canopy walkway. There is also a stunning waterfall a short walk from the canopy walk to marvel.
In the morning the third and last day of our 3D2N package, have breakfast at your leisure and enjoy the calm and tranquility of the rainforest setting in Kinabalu Park!
Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu will be between 12:00 and 17:00 (one of our travel consultants will contact you to confirm the time).
3D2N Explorer Package includes:
Kinabalu Park accommodation offered with our 3D2N Explorer Package and rates are as follows*:
*Valid until 31st December 2016.
*Subject to 6% Government Goods and Service Tax.
*Based on minimum 2 persons booking.
*Single Supplement Charges apply.
Our Suggested Itinerary:
*Time may vary according to individual climbing pace.
**Private transfers can be arranged for an additional fee, so you and/or your party may return to KK as soon as you like.
***Park Ranger’s arrival will be between 0730 – 0810hrs – waiting time is expected at the park before his / her arrival. It is compulsory based on the park authority’s strict policy that all climbers meet personally with the Park Ranger before being permitted to continue on the day climb.
1) Transfer time may vary depending on the return time of the climbers that day, our latest return transfer from Kinabalu Park to Kota Kinabalu departs at 1700hrs, should climbers not be ready to depart at that time we will arrange alternative transport whereby the cost must be borne by the late climbers.
2) This packages is protected under our PRICE PROMISE, this means that if you can provide us with bone-fide quotation from elsewhere, we will beat the quote by further 2 %.
Also, kindly note that for your package, it will not include Lunch on your 3rd day. However, you can order and pay for a simple local Lunch at Panataran Restaurant (just 2 minutes walk from the park’s entrance) which start from MYR 15.00 per meal for ala-carte.
For your shared transfer from Kinabalu Park to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu on your last day you may have to wait for other climbers / explorers to descend the mountain before we bring you back. Our cut-off time for shared transfers from Kinabalu Park to Kota Kinabalu departs at 1700hrs so you will not have to wait beyond this time. Should you or other climbers not be ready to depart by 1700hrs a waiting fee of MYR 195.00 (for 1 – 6 person) / MYR 290.00 (for 7 – 8 person) / MYR 365.00 (for 9 – 10 person) (After 6pm is subject to 50% surcharge) must be paid by the late climbers.
Should you prefer to not wait for other climbers that day and have a private transfer for your return from Mt Kinabalu back to Kota Kinabalu City Hotels only this can be arranged at a cost of MYR 195.00 (for 1 – 6 person) / MYR 290.00 (for 7 – 8 person) / MYR 365.00 (for 9 – 10 person) (Drop off at Tanjung Aru hotels or Kota Kinabalu Airport is subject to surcharge). Please state which option you require upon booking.
***All rates under Road Transfers information are inclusive of 6% Goods and Services Tax.
Your Mountain Guide
Your booking includes a private mountain guide for the Half Way Mt Climb, you will not have to share your guide with other climbers, this way you may climb at your own pace. The mountain guides are compulsory and are with you to keep you safe, ensure that you stay on the correct summit path and should visibility reduce due to rain or fog, ensure that you do not become lost or disorientated. Also should you need assistance or evacuation they will summon it for you. The mountain guides are licensed and employed by Sabah Parks, a government authority and are not employed by individual operators. Therefore we cannot pre-book guides for our clients, however we do always request that your guide speak English and we request those we are familiar with. However on occasion especially at peak times our preferred guide may not be available and it may happen that your guide cannot speak English. Rest assured however all are expert mountain guides and are local men and women from the area and your safety remains their priority.
The government authority of Sabah Parks will assess the weather conditions for your ascent in the early hours. Should they deem the climb to be unsafe due to strong wind, rain or storms they will not permit climbers to proceed onto the ascent. Should this be the situation there will be no refund in part or full for your climb.
Please remember you passport. It is required to validate your climbing permit applied for by us on your behalf.
Your Climb to Laban Rata Plateau
1) This program is weather dependent hence climb up to Laban Rata in a Day is possible should the weather be favorable on the day and ranger states that it is safe to climb. Should it not be possible to climb due to weather, a refund of RM 100 per person will be issued and climbers are free to explore the various trails at Kinabalu Park instead for the day.
2) Climbers are required to be in an above average fitness and physically & mentally fit for the climb. Suitable for ages 12 and above.
3) It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Hear Disease, Severe Anemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity, Chronic Asthma, Muscular Cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climb.
4) Climbers will be required to complete a Mt. Climbers Waiver Form and Mt Kinabalu Declaration (Half Way) before departing to Kinabalu Park. Once at the park, climbers are required to complete a Sabah Park’s Indemnity Form for Day Climb before departing to Timpohon Gate.
5) According to Sabah Park’s (government authority) rules and regulations, climbers will be required to adhere to the following;
*Climbers have to stop the ascent when they did not catch the time limit 1100hrs at Layang Layang Hut and compulsory descent and return to park headquarters.
*Climbers much reach to Laban Rata Plateau by 1230hrs and compulsory to descent from Laban Rata at 1300hrs.
*Climbers must return to Timpohon Gate before 1630hrs.
*Climbers need to follow any advices that recommended by the mountain guide during the climb for safety reasons.
6) To answer the many questions you might have about climbing Mt Kinabalu, please refer to our links below.
About Mt Kinabalu Climb: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/information_summit-climb-mount-kinabalu/
Climbing Preparation, Packing List & FAQ: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/mount-kinabalu-climb-preparation-faq/
Important Information for Climbers: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/important-information-for-climbers/